You are here

Elevated WBC , PCR still dropping

Categories:

Hi All,
I hope everyone is well,
We just received our 12 month bcr-abl results alongside with the rest of the blood results.

The BCR-ABL (is) is trending downwards from 80% at diagnosis to 0.036 at the 12 month mark after starting sprycel, but my worry is that the lymphocytes over the past 6 months has also been crawling up. 6 months ago was the first time we saw slightly increased lymphocytes at around 4.8 and now it sits at 6.3 (109/l) also the eosinophils are slightly elevated but nearly within the normal range. This overall makes the wbc to also be slightly elevated to 12.3. On the results there was a note of blood film added stating "minor lymphocytosis and occasional reactive lymphocytes occurance".

Tried looking online for information but its pretty limited. Was only able to find that lymphocytosis is a common occurrence when treated with Dasatinib and can actually be a good indicator of good response to the drug, but what's more concerning for me its that the lymphocytes are trending upwards.

Perhaps someone on here experienced elevated lymphocytes whilst being on Sprycel and how long did it last? Or perhaps someone can provide me with further information on the increase of lymphocytes and what does the note on the blood film mean "occasional reactive lymphocytes occurance"?

We have our 3monthly consultation on the 26th so will discuss this matter with the DR, but wanted to get opinions on fellow CMLers and their experiences.

Looking forward to your replies