You are here

Losing TFR after 3months

Dear friends
I was TFR with my bloods slowly losing zeros. 0.016 is latest. Haemo wants give it one more month off meds and if lose another zero will have to restart meds. Has anyone been in this situation and what have you done? Any advice greatly appreciated

What drug were you taking?

This happened to me when I tried TFR too soon, but was able to regain TFR by resuming my last dosing protocol. I increased my Curcumin dose (4-8 grams per day) as well as adding selenium (200 mcg) at that time and then tried TFR again with success.

(What is suspected is a minor CML clone long dormant and suppressed begins to expand slowly. Sometimes this same clone falls back again as your immune system is able to check it (assuming your immune system is strong). This is why your doctor wants to give you one more month (smart)).

Was on 20 mg Dastatinib undetectable 3years. Think will feel better when I restart as am having symptoms like when first diagnosed. Are you on same dose and drug?

Did you have to wait another 3 years before you tried again?

I went through what you are going through, but my numbers were worse than yours.
My PCR rose and fell but with an upward trend until it hit 0.08. I then restarted 20 mg dasatinib and in 3 months I became undetected again.
I did wait 3 years before trying again and I am now 3.5 years TFR.

As long as your PCR is below 0.1%, and you have no blasts (i.e. < ~1.0%; ideally 0%), you can continue to test TFR.

Much thanks and that’s great you’re TFR now. Will up dose of Tumeric and hope that next bloods is better. Do you think food makes any difference and if so what is optimum diet?

Do I think food makes any difference? Yes.

Cancer thrives in a high sugar environment (glucose) in order to grow and proliferate. Cancer cells need glucose for energy more so than normal cells and are unable to use ketones (fat metabolism) efficiently. A keto diet is "anti-cancer". But only to a point.

A diet low in processed food and is low carb, moderate protein (lean) and higher in fat (plant fats mostly) helps provide an anti-cancer environment.